A FOODIE EXPERIENCE: EATING AT DAMPA


I am a fan of dampa. It's straightforward, no frills, and you can be assured that the food is always fresh. It's not the most glamorous, but it does boast of authentic and delicious Filipino food that does not hurt your wallet. What is dampa anyway? Literally speaking, it's a wet market selling seafood and the like but it is now more commonly used to refer to the food court beside these markets. You get to choose your ingredients from the market stalls and they'll cook it for you. I'm not sure if you can still do the shopping yourself (previously you can), but I think eating at dampa is pretty much eating at the market. This particular one, TBS Blue Corner, is located in Sta. Rosa, behind the outlets of Paseo de Sta Rosa and it has got to be my favorite in the whole of Luzon. The food is really good and it was the perfect stopover before braving the holiday traffic going up Tagaytay. (Heads up, this post might make you hungry..)


Kinilaw na tuna (Tuna Ceviche)

Ginataang Sitaw at Kalabasa (string beans, squash, prawns cooked in coconut milk) 

Crispy Pata (deep fried pork knuckles)

Sizzling Pusit (squid)

Mangga at Bagoong (green mango and shrimp paste)

Pork Sisig (the bestest dish, ever.)

Blue Marlin

Beef Bulalo (bone marrow soup)

All these best enjoyed with rice topped with fried garlic

And of course, the best way to end any Filipino meal - ripe Philippine Mangoes. YUM!

Hope you enjoyed this crash course on Filipino food!

TBS Blue Corner is located at New Market Station Paseo de Sta. Rosa, Laguna


Comments

  1. Wow! This looks amazing, so delicious! Such lovely photos :)

    xo, Bry

    AudreyHepburn.Naughty&Nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. The foods look delicious OMG! I miss eating at dampas. I think the last time I ate there was when I was in college and I was in a vacation with my family. There's also a dampa in Tagaytay, I think, but I wasn't able to go with my family at that time. :( The only close thing to Dampa near my home is the market in Paseo but it's more of a karendirya wherein the foods are already cooked. Hahahaha! xx

    Roxanne ♥ | Awkward Turtle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diba!??! I didn't realize how much I missed it until we ate here! I super love Filipino food! :)

      Delete
  3. All the yummy food in this post looks so yummy and has made me super hungry, haha :)
    Just to let you know, I've nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award right here http://www.amandasays.org.uk/2015/05/the-sisterhood-of-the-world-bloggers-award-2-0/
    Have a lovely day! x

    ♥.•*¨ AmandaSays ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you.
Share your thoughts below and I'll do my best to respond.

Popular Posts