After less than 48 hours in Singapore, I was back in Manila. More than anything, being home reminded me of what truly matters - family. It's not just a title you wave around to those who share the same last name; it's a relationship, a bond. Fortunately for me, my family is actually that - a family. But it's not just limited to them either, I'm lucky to have friends who are like family - and yes, they're even armed with embarrassing "when she was young" stories. It's important to have family in your life because they're the ones who have the power to push you up and pull you back. And you'll need this force when you encounter moments of hesitation and self-doubt. They'll remind you of why you're doing it, they'll remind you that you can do it.
The month of May was about me finding myself and pulling myself out of a rut. Before I embarked on my #MAYcation, I was actually playing around with puns and hashtags, and the best one I got was #MAYkeItMine, after Jason Mraz' song. "I don't wanna wait no more, no, I wanna celebrate the whole world, I'm gonna make it mine because I'm following
And as I'm on the final day of the month, I realized that I didn't need to think that hard as to what to name this period of awakenings and turning points, it was very much simple - #ReginaMay. It perfectly encapsulates my May that was - a straight forward folder name if you will - and a metaphor of how I finally permitted myself to be who I really am and to chase after what I truly want, without guilt or shame.
So here's to taking all the learnings and applying it to the months to come!





Post a Comment
Hi! I'd love to hear from you.
Share your thoughts below and I'll do my best to respond.